Getting to know each other
We know meeting someone for the first time can be intimidating, and going to a new church for the first time can be nerve-wracking. We want to help make your first experience at Freedom Church a great one!
We are one church in two locations.
We meet every Sunday at our Hautlieu campus and our Freedom Centre campus.
- Hautlieu Campus Sundays at 10:30am
- Freedom Centre Campus Sundays at 6:30pm
What can I expect?
You'll be sure of a warm reception from our welcome team who will be on hand to say hi and show you where everything is. Most people dress very casually. Come as you are and expect to feel welcomed as our guest.
Connect with someone
At each campus is a 'Connect Point' where you’ll find out all about the church and the activities we are involved in. You can also sign up at the Connect Point to join a team or access our church management system, ChurchSuite.
What to expect at Hautlieu campus
- We meet from 10.15am for coffee and tea and some breakfast snacks in the main hall. We value this time to make new friendships, build existing relationships and support each other.
- At 10.30am we finish up our drinks and move to the seats to start the meeting with music. We’re a vibrant bunch and express our worship through contemporary worship songs played by a band. Song lyrics are projected onto the screens so you can sing along and/or engage with worship however you feel most comfortable.
- After this, the meeting coordinator will let the church know anything important that is coming up before the youth and children go out to their programmes.
- We’re then encouraged, inspired and challenged by a talk from one of our leaders or teachers, or a guest speaker from another church or organisation. We reflect on what we’ve heard and respond in prayer and worship. The prayer ministry team is available at the end to pray with anyone who asks.
- We aim to finish the service at 11:50am. Coffee and tea are served in the canteen across the corridor by members of our hospitality team, and everyone is welcome to stay and chat afterwards.
What to expect at Freedom Centre campus
- At 6.30pm our meeting starts with sung worship, where we sing songs to praise God, remind ourselves of his goodness and promises and spend time in his presence. We're a growing group who value expressing our worship with modern style music. Song lyrics are projected onto the screen, and we encourage you to stand, sit, lie on the floor or otherwise worship however you feel most comfortable.
- After this, the meeting leader will let the church know anything important that is coming up.
- We’re then encouraged, inspired and challenged by a talk from one of our leaders or teachers, or a guest speaker from another church or organisation. We reflect on what we’ve heard and respond in prayer and worship.
- We aim to finish the service at 8:00pm, at which point coffee and tea are served in the foyer. We value this time to make new friendships, build existing relationships and support each other. You may consider joining with others to eat takeaway dinner together or play a few board games.
What's on for kids at Hautlieu Campus
All ages are welcome at Freedom Church! Young people are welcome to stay in the main meeting with you if they wish. If they would prefer not to sit through a talk, we have wonderful programmes to inspire your children and help them grow in relationship with God and others. The following groups for youth and kids meet on a Sunday: