Statement of faith
We believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
As a church we follow Jesus’ command to repent, believe and be baptised in water. Baptism is part of a Christian’s journey in faith and we love to celebrate with those who have reached this step. It marks a person’s decision to be identified in Christ as His follower and to walk in relationship with him, leaving the past focus on self and committing to a new life in him.
Regular opportunity is given for people to be baptised as a step of obedience and a statement of their faith. This is always a joyful occasion and we’re very blessed to have an abundance of water around! Baptisms take place either in the sea or in large water tanks and involve full immersion.
If you’d like to know more or are considering this step, we’d love for you to contact us.
We love our children and babies and they are a part of our church family. For those too young to make the decision to follow Christ for themselves, we offer children’s dedications. These take place during our meetings and we stand as a church with the parents and families of the children to welcome them into the church family, dedicate them to God and ask for His guidance and blessing. If you’d like to have your child dedicated, please get in touch.