Jobs at Freedom Church
Freedom Church is an independent church situated in the heart of St Helier, Jersey. We are a church community with a shared vision to make a difference both locally and globally.
Our staff team is made up of people who join their skills and talents with their passion to know Christ and make him known.
Children & Family Ministry Leader
As our Children & Family Ministry Leader, you'll have oversight over all children's ministries, creatively exploring ways to build and develop outreach work with children and their families in the local community and planning and providing a programme of activities for our children in Freedom Champions (6–11 years age group).
Minimum 25hrs/week (negotiable)
Questions? Email [email protected]
- Be the main point of contact for children and their parents.
- To lead, recruit and manage the team of volunteers in Children’s Ministry.
- Work to create a smooth pathway for our children as they transition through the different groups. Improving communication and joined-up thinking from Creche to Youth
- Cover the required administration and maintain our ChurchSuite database for children.
- Gain a comprehensive working knowledge of ChurchSuite.
- Comply with relevant safeguarding and health and safety guidelines, ensuring compliance by other leaders and completing appropriate risk assessments.
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required with the responsibilities of the post.
- Be an active part of the staff team engaging in staff meetings, training, prayer and socials.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A person who can enthusiastically contribute to our church's mission through their loving work with younger generations, whom we long should also grow in their knowledge of Jesus.
- A person who can demonstrate through personal example and testimony a sense of vocation to this ministry of the church.
- A good general education to at least GCSE standard.
- Experience working with children and families in a church context, whether paid or voluntary.
- A confident motivated leader who can motivate and inspire others.
- Someone with creativity and imagination who is happy to pioneer new programmes and activities.
- The ability to work pro-actively and on their own initiative.
- A good team player who is willing to be ‘hands-on’ with the practicalities of running activities and programmes.
- Someone who has a good pastoral understanding and sensitivity, and who can relate warmly to both parents and children.
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults.
- The ability to work flexibly including some evenings, regular weekends, and school holiday periods.
- Commitment to becoming an integrated and active part of the worshipping community at Freedom Church Jersey.
The following would also be desirable for the applicant
- A qualification in children and/or families work or community work.